It’s almost pumpkin spice season! I love all things pumpkin, but I’m also switching to a no-added-sugar lifestyle. So this is my kind of a treat this fall.
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup pureed dates (or sugar, if you don’t mind it)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (or just cinnamon)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F, prepare the muffin tins
- Mix all the wet and all the dry ingredients separately.
- Fold the dry into the wet, don’t overmix.
- Put the batter in the tins and bake for 15-20 min, check with a toothpick – it should come out almost dry.
Enjoy while worm, with butter and a cup of tea!