This is a healthier version of usual pancakes, which is still delicious and is perfect for brunch! It has wholemeal rye flour and only a hint of sugar (or even no sugar if you wish to avoid it).
Of course, it’s better to enjoy warm with your favorite toppings and a cup of tea/coffee.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup rye flour (or wholemeal wheat flour works well too)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil (or melted butter if you prefer it) + some extra to grease the pan
- Mix the buttermilk, egg and sugar.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder.
- Carefully fold in the dry into the wet, don’t overmix. Then add the oil and mix once again.
- Heat the pan, grease it and cook pancakes for a few min on each side.